The Samuel B. Strait House, located in Minnesota’s Scott County, underwent historic renovation. The building is currently owned by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and is on the National Historic Registry. The stone-walled house was built in approximately 1857 and had been abandoned since 1967. Kodet Architectural Group restored the house to its original appearance.
Renovation involved removing an addition and stairs that were added by later owners, repairs to the roof, windows, interior, and reconstructing the front porch using a historic photograph of the house circa 1890. The restoration was carefully document with an archaeologist and features to allow accessibility were added but do not impact the historic elements of the house.