The Gideon H. Pond House project called for the conversion of this 1854-era home, on the National Register of Historic Places, into an interpretive learning center with an on-site caretaker. The design involved the development of a master plan for the entire park.
A major facet of the project called for the removal of the 1910 2-story addition and reconstruction of the original pre-emption house, containing the kitchen and woodshed. Written accounts, photographs, and other data provided a guideline for the design. Kodet worked to return Pond House to its historic appearance while making it accessible to all visitors. Kodet worked with the site and existing structure to create a wheelchair accessible entrance.